четверг, 25 ноября 2010 г.

The Would Be's - I'm Hardly Ever Wrong

The Would Be's hailed from Dublin, Ireland. There is not much information about them on the net. Their debut single I'm Hardly Ever Wrong was released in 1990 making number 12 in that years John Peel Festive 50. I am pretty sure the original vocalist left at this point (Eileen Gogan replaced by Julie McDonnell or was it the other way round?). The follow up was 1991's the Silly Songs For Cynical People EP after which the band dis-banded.

They re-emerged with a new single and live gigs at the turn of the century but since then it's all been quiet. The tracks here are from the debut EP:

The Would Be's - I'm Hardly Ever Wrong
The Would Be's - Great Expectations
The Would Be's - I Want To Say What Goes Without Saying
The Would Be's - There Is There Are That's All

Eileen Grogan is now in Melba with the members of Crumb (ex Hey Paulette)

When I first posted this EP on indie-mp3 a few years back it generated a flurry of e-mails from someone connected to the band. I had kept all the correspondsance for a re-post but sadly it went down the chute when the PC died! So if that person is reading this please get back in touch!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий