четверг, 25 ноября 2010 г.

The Heartthrobs

The Heartthrobs were a group hailing from Reading, England. They formed in 1987 and split in 1993. The band included Rose and Rachel Carlotti who were the half sisters of the late Echo and The Bunnymen drummer Peter De Freitas.

The band released their debut single Toy on In-Tape in 1987. This was followed by two singles for Rough Trade and two more on their own Profumo label. They then signed for One Little Indian where they remained for the duration of their existence releasing seven singles and three albums.

I first saw the band when they supported the Jesus and Mary Chain in 1987 and I was so impressed that I remember rushing out to buy the Toy single the following day. I saw them a few times mainly at the beginning of their career. 1990's Cleopatra Grip album remains one of my all time favourites and single such as Here I Hide, I Wonder Why and Dreamtime still stand the test of time today.

You can read more about the band at Yinpop's Heart Throbs pages or via their Wikipedia entry.

The tracks here are all from the 12" version of Toy.

The Heartthrobs - Toy
The Heartthrobs - I, The Jury
The Heartthrobs - Make My Day

The photo is one of these pictures of the band live in 1993.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий