четверг, 25 ноября 2010 г.

Fireflies - Goodnight Stars, Goodnight Moon

A new joint release on Lavender and Music Is My Girlfriend, Fireflies is a one man band from Chicago, USA. I have listened to this LP a fair few times now and I can't be sure I have properly heard it yet. "Goodnight Stars, Goodnight Moon" is a fragile recording - so much so as it threatens to vanish as you play it.

This is straight from the Sarah Records school of indiepop - whispered vocals over the top of gentle guitars that chime or strum nicely throughout the record. But like I said - it's like the record is nearly there - the songs glide along, one after another and after a few songs it all merges together and I have trouble picking out songs. That's never a good sign. I find it hard to really embrace Fireflies as there is not enough to keep my attention from wandering - this is a pleasant record - that never really grabbed me in the way I hoped it would after first playing it. Still, it will appeal to fans of the gentler end of the indiepop genre.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий