четверг, 25 ноября 2010 г.

Abandoned Pools

One thing which has arisen from the mp3 blog revolution is the ability of some labels to realise what a valuable potential marketing tool they have at their disposal. This is mainly indies it has to be said and that's understandable really.

I get a number of requests from labels to "plug their wares" and have to turn many down because the music does not fit the indie genre or that I think that they are not very good. I must admit unsigned musicians who e-mail me get generally get their links blogged despite the quality of music or genre because, hey, in all honestly they need the help.

One such plug that has come my way is the record label of Abandoned Pools who describe them as "awesome". Normally that would set my alarm bells ringing and I would avoid it like the plague but I have to say that the band are quite good although not awesome as you would be lead to believe. Well maybe not yet anyway!

The track supplied comes from their "Reverb EP" and is an extremely catchy indie-rock number but it's the vocals that inspire you to listen this track. Good strong stuff.

Abandoned Pools - The Catalyst

You can listen to more tracks at the band's website which is very nice looking it has to be said!

If you want a plug feel free to e-mail me but remember this is an indie or alternative blog and I am sure the people who visit these pages are not interested in dance or hip hop!

поздравления с днем рождения

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий