четверг, 25 ноября 2010 г.

Demos Roundup

I have still not got my ideas for unsigned bands and demos off the ground yet. However seeing as the blog is getting far more hits than the main pages I thought I would mention the ones received in the past week here.

First up is Chris Price. Chris is a one man composer and band and his track is very 1980's. The Washington Post does mentions that fans of his have compared him, amonst others, to New Order. Now I wouldn't go that far but his track "Charge Me Up" is enjoyable none the less.

Dirty Box described themselves as a mix between Punk, Rock, and Indie. They have an album out next year and on their site are three rough mixes. I wasn't to taken with "Celebrate with a Parade" but "Indie Cock" was a likeable, if sounding very familiar romp across those genres described earlier. Visit their site to download a third track "Come On You".

Panda Kopanda (great name!)have two demos available on their site. They have been getting some good press according to their site:

Sweet and revealing ... 'See If You Like It' is sonically blinding"

"Their songs convey a delicate beauty and emotion that makes Panda Kopanda unique among local acts ... they create rich harmonies and weave surging guitars in tunes that are structured, but never desert their roots in lo-fi slackerdom."

"Letting Go" is a bit too rocky and samey for me but "Where I Belong" is a nice indie poppish tune that should appeal to most people. The bands sound is well polished and I will be heading back to their site to see if there are any tunes in the future.

Chris Price - Charge Me Up

Dirty Box - Celebrate With A Parade
Dirty Box - Indie Cock
Panda Kopanda - Letting Go
Panda Kopanda - Where I Belong

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий