четверг, 25 ноября 2010 г.

The Delights Of Mixtapes

Mixtapes. I hated doing them. Took forever recording your vinyl singles to tape. Had to stop and start because I heard a slight scratch and didn't want that on the tapes I was doing. But I did them because I liked to share music with friends and relatives and liked them even more when someone did them for me. Of course this is not including doing a tape for one the one you were in love with at the time! That home taping is killing music crap that used to be on vinyl inserts. No it didn't and I can honestly say that I went out and brought even more music - in fact just like now but this time the medium is mp3 or another digital music format.

Anyway that is getting away from what this thread is about. There are a number of sites out there where people go online and compile their own mixtapes. My favourite one has to be Mixtaper. This one is good as it allows you to create "tapes" of mp3's legally available (or otherwise) on the net so that you or others can then stream them. There are also links to download individual mp3's and to visit other websites. What a great idea and an easy way to discover some new music. I have done a few and these are under the name of Tomb242. However you can stream some of them them direct from the links below. (These will open in Winamp/Foobar and Quicktime - see the site for other media players).

Woof! The Labrador Label Mix
Woof Woof! The Labrador Label Mix Two

Also the Indie MP3 Live 365 Radio Station is currently playing my mixes as well as my personal favourite mix which is the Filipino Indie Mix. This introduced me to some C86 and Sarah Records inspired tunes from the Phillipines. You can stream it directly here but the following are direct links to the mp3's of my favourite tracks in the mix. Enjoy!

Days Like Postcards - Here With You
Spring Boutique - So Twee

Other playlist sites include Webjay but please let me know of others via the comments feature.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий